What we do…
Through online chemical delivery, the Combustion Technologies Polarchem Cleaning System is injected directly into the combustion chamber or flue gas stream producing chemical reactions to oxidize unburned carbon (LOI), neutralize and convert residues from combustion which would otherwise increase fouling, corrosion and air pollution.
Polarchem is very effective in capturing and converting SO3 into neutral, non-reactive salts with the SO3 reduction clearly evident when measuring the stack discharge. Fireside components are also better protected from corrosion by lowering the acid dew point.
Oxidation – The decomposition of the Polarchem creates oxygen and nitrous oxide (N2O) – a powerful oxidizing agent – which together reduce unburned carbon in the residue from combustion.
Neutralization – As a Result of the reaction of magnesium oxide (MgO) with:
Sulfur Trioxide (SO3), magnesium sulfate (MgSO4) is formed – a non
-corrosive product easy to remove thus avoiding the formation of sulfuric
Vanadium Pentoxide (V2O5), magnesium vanadates are formed – non
-corrosive products with a very high melting point resulting in friable
deposits easy to remove.
Simple and Flexible ► Less Pollution ► Rapid Payback ► EPA Benefits
- The boiler can be clean or in a fouled condition.
- Continuous or intermittent applications.
- Applied during startup or shutdown of plant.
- Dosing to avoid unscheduled shutdowns and to extend runs.
- Dosing to make boiler easier to clean.
- Dosing to keep boiler dry between programmed shutdowns.
- Better fuel efficiency with reduced corrosion.
- Greater output and availability of operation.
- Reduced cost of cleaning and maintenance.
- Dry-cleaning instead of water-washing.
- Less damage to structures.
- Safer and better working conditions.
- Less pollution and EPA compliance.
- Improve the efficiency of the boiler and reduce fuel consumption.
- Increase intervals between shutdowns.
- Minimize unscheduled shutdowns.
- Reduce soot blowing.
- Reduce air pollution.
- Reduce corrosion from Sulfur and Vanadium.
- Simplify the cleaning during shutdown.
- Improve security of operation by maintaining temperatures and pressures within given limits.